firstname.lastname@example.org Atkins St, Brighton, MA 02135+1.857.231.2482
OAG FlightView, Newton, MA2009 to 2020
Software Architect / Team Leader
- Designed & developed new web products and enhanced existing web products to deliver real-time flight information for travelers. Products present flight status information optimally for viewing device and for use case, in tabular or graphic (eg dynamic maps) form.
- Architected new product lines for optimal configurability to allow fast delivery of new products (typically websites and large displays) highly customized to each of hundreds of customers (typically airlines and airports).
- Added features to Angular-based product line to increase end-user uptake, to facilitate configurability, and to support new customer APIs.
- Extended product lines on multiple technologies from English-only to 10 more languages, developing offline tools to generate per-language resource files, expanding the company’s reach from English-speaking markets to most of the world.
- Developed tools & processes to pull airport and airline data used in many products in many formats from a common database reducing curation to a single point instead of hundreds.
- Abstracted advertising display code in consumer-facing sites into common layers integrating various advertising networks, and tools to rapidly tweak ad network allocation in response to ad network performance changes.
- Made web applications responsive to user action via AJAX and to device characteristics via CSS.
- Developed tools to monitor errors and poor performance across web farms.
- Mentored direct reports and provided them with line-management support.
mJetz Inc / Survol Mobile Technologies, Auburndale, MA2006 to 2009
CTO / Founder1999 to 2003
- Researched and developed solution to ‘focus + context’ navigation of large data distributed over slow networks, including drafting and filing protective patents.
- Designed small-device navigation engine for mobile presentation of content pulled on demand from server XML over HTTP with innovative XML document linking and style/content integration solutions.
- Realized the design in a server-backed mobile browser with a GUI optimized for finding and presenting favorite sites, feeds and widgets on Android, Blackberry, J2ME and other handsets.
- Developed real-time proxy servers and offline scrapers to extract and reformat foreign data to XML, relational DB for user profile, activity and usage; admin panel to track user acquisition, retention, service usage, ad impressions and monetization.
Earlier experience includes:
- Creating rich-text rendering/editing widgets, secure sandbox allowing signed modules custom permissions, and internationalization strategy for Nexaweb's small-footprint rich web client at Nexaweb Technologies.
- Developing a patented interactive web app guiding employees through 401K education, investment choices, and compliance for Rational Investors, and later consulting for its purchaser Standard & Poor.
- Defining a speech API and developing a reference API implementation on Dragon's speech recognition engine at Dragon Systems.
- Developing virtualization technology and related systems software for Rational Systems.
- Developing BIOS and other systems software for PCs, mentoring other engineers, and starting Engineering in Europe for Phoenix Technologies.
BS Electrical Engineering, Purdue University